- http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1104-8985Sinead M Walsh1,
- Maria Costello1,
- Ella Murphy1,
- Aoife Lowery1,
- Bronwyn Reid McDermott1,2,
- Dara Byrne1,2
- 1 School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland
- 2 Irish Centre for Applied Patient Safety and Simulation, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Galway, Ireland
- Correspondence to Dr Sinead M Walsh, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway H91 V4AY, Ireland;
The letter provides practical tips for developing, implementing and scaling an effective simulation‑based education programme at a large scale for undergraduate medical students. Using time-lapsed scenarios and the pause-discuss method of debrief are some of the useful tips that are discussed further in the letter.
- clinical skills practice
- high-fidelity simulation
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Contributors All authors were involved in simulation design and delivery. SMW conceived the idea for the manuscript. SMW prepared the first draft of the manuscript, which was edited for significant intellectual content by MC, EM, AL, BRM and DB. All authors approved the final version of the manuscript.
Funding The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests None declared.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; internally peer reviewed.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.