- http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6978-0541Sharon Griswold1,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3251-5872Toshiko Uchida2,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2524-4736S Barry Issenberg3,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1889-2732Ivette Motola4,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1672-0398William C McGaghie5,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0002-6800-3932Michael A Gisondi6,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2620-1823Amelia Lorenz7,
- http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6584-9943Jeffrey H Barsuk2
- 1 Department of Emergency Medicine, Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2 Departments of Medical Education and Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 3 Departments of Medical Education and Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
- 4 Departments of Medical Education and Emergency Medicine of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
- 5 Department of Medical Education, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
- 6 Department of Emergency Medicine and The Precision Education and Assessment Research Lab, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
- 7 Northwestern University Clinical Education Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Correspondence to Dr Sharon Griswold, Emergency Medicine, Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA;
Psychological safety is valued in other high-risk industries as an essential element to ensure safety. Yet, in healthcare, psychological safety is not mandatorily measured, quantified, or reported as an independent measure of safety. All members of the healthcare team’s voice and safety are important. Calls for personal, physical or patient safety should never be disregarded or met with retaliation.
- patient safety
- standardised patients (actors)
- simulation faculty
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Twitter @simsaveslives, @EMEDMD, @MikeGisondi, @AmeliaLorenz, @NUmsDOC
Contributors JHB, AL, TU and SG derived the original draft of the manuscript. All authors were responsible for the planning and reporting of the work and were responsible for the overall content and approval of the submission.
Funding The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests None declared.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.